Tuesday, August 30, 2011

REVIVAL/Dear and the Headlights Demos




So, I began to think: "Why the hell did I stop posting on my blog?" That question was answered with another question, and that was "What can I cover next?" which was a way for me to think about more music, and get lost from the original question. BUT, that was 3 months, today is a new day and new posts coming every other day. You have my word.
So, to build up some hype, I have something purely amazing.

Dear and the Headlights, (one of my all-time favorite bands) broke up this year. It was a very sad but necessary move for the band to be happy. But these guys are so cool, they actually answered the question "What happens to songs that aren't released?/What haven't we heard?". They gladly released 30 demos of songs never fully recorded or just first drafts. And I've got to say, it's amazing. Starting with a great emotional track "Come With Me For a While", the demos are just as good as getting a new album. So, all in all, something good did come out of the end of a great band. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment